Ultracet Side Effects
Increased sweating, drowsiness, and constipation are the most common side effects reported with Ultracet. Problems that have also been reported in at least 1 percent of people using this drug include fatigue, hot flashes, and headaches. While most side effects of this drug are mild, some may require immediate medical attention, including severe drowsiness, loss of balance, or very severe constipation.
An Introduction to Ultracet Side Effects
As with any medicine, Ultracet® (tramadol/acetaminophen) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Ultracet. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Ultracet side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Ultracet
Ultracet has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, side effects occurring in a group of people taking the drug are documented and compared to those that occur in another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Ultracet side effects included:
- Constipation -- in up to 6 percent of people
- Drowsiness -- up to 6 percent
- Increased sweating -- up to 4 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 3 percent
- Nausea -- up to 3 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 3 percent
- Loss of appetite -- up to 3 percent.
- Dry mouth -- up to 2 percent (see Ultracet and Dry Mouth)
- Insomnia -- up to 2 percent
- Prostate problems -- up to 2 percent.
Other side effects of Ultracet are possible. In studies, these side effects were reported in at least 1 percent of people (although the exact percentage was not reported) and were thought to be related to Ultracet. These possible Ultracet side effects included:
- Hot flashes
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Indigestion or heartburn
- An unusual pleasant or happy feeling (euphoria)