Early treatment after a Tylox overdose is essential in order to reduce or prevent life-threatening effects. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may induce vomiting, "pump" the stomach, or administer activated charcoal to prevent the body from absorbing Tylox.
A medication called N-acetylcysteine (Acetadote®, Mucomyst®) is extremely important for the treatment of an acetaminophen overdose, and can help prevent liver damage due to this component of Tylox. An antidote (naloxone or Narcan®) may be administered to counteract overdose effects of the oxycodone component of Tylox.
Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Sometimes, liver transplantation is necessary if severe liver damage has occurred.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Tylox.