General Information on Your Dose of TapentadolConsiderations to keep in mind when taking tapentadol include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth every four to six hours.
- A dose of tapentadol can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it bothers your stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking tapentadol, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your tapentadol dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.