Precautions and Warnings With Morphine Sulfate
Who Should Not Take Morphine Sulfate?You should not take morphine sulfate if you:
- Are allergic to morphine sulfate, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients. If you are allergic to other narcotics or opiates, you may also be allergic to morphine sulfate.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is untreated.
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack.
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia).
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).