Back Pain Home > Soma
- Soma comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth three times daily and at bedtime.
- You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- In general, it should only be used for a maximum of two to three weeks at a time.
- The muscle relaxant can cause significant drowsiness, so your healthcare provider may recommend that you take it only at night (especially if you need to be alert during the day).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.