Back Pain Home > Propoxyphene/Acetaminophen
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, often every four hours as needed for pain.
- It is probably best to take it with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication (see Darvocet and Alcohol).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking this drug, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Darvocet Withdrawal).
- How you respond to propoxyphene/acetaminophen
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.