Back Pain Home > Propoxyphene/Acetaminophen
Potential Side EffectsAs with any medicine, propoxyphene/acetaminophen can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- A lung problem, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or cor pulmonale
- Problems with your pancreas or gallbladder
- A history of head injury
- An intestinal blockage (bowel obstruction)
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Darvocet and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Darvocet and Breastfeeding).