Back Pain Home > Propoxyphene/Acetaminophen Dosage
Dosage for Special SituationsIf your kidney or liver function is not optimal, your healthcare provider may decide to prescribe a lower propoxyphene/acetaminophen dosage.
- Darvocet-N 50 -- 50 mg of propoxyphene napsylate and 325 mg of acetaminophen
- Darvocet-N 100 -- 100 mg of propoxyphene napsylate and 650 mg of acetaminophen
- Darvocet A500 -- 100 mg of propoxyphene napsylate and 500 mg of acetaminophen.
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, often every four hours as needed for pain.
- It is probably best to take propoxyphene/acetaminophen with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication (see Darvocet and Alcohol).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking propoxyphene/acetaminophen, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Darvocet Withdrawal).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your propoxyphene/acetaminophen dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.