Back Pain Home > Precautions and Warnings With Propoxyphene/Acetaminophen
If you are about to take propoxyphene/acetaminophen, it's important to know the precautions and warnings with this drug. For example, this medication isn't right for everyone. Since propoxyphene/acetaminophen contains a narcotic and has the potential to be abused, it is not recommended for people who have a history of alcohol or drug dependence. An accidental or intentional overdose can be fatal within 15 minutes.
- A lung problem, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or cor pulmonale
- Problems with your pancreas or gallbladder
- A history of head injury
- An intestinal blockage (bowel obstruction)
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant