Back Pain Home > Morphine Sulfate Dosage
General Information on Dosing With Morphine SulfateSome considerations for people taking morphine sulfate include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet, capsule, liquid, or injection form. The particular directions for each product can vary substantially, so make sure to refer to the information for your specific morphine sulfate medication.
- When taking morphine sulfate by mouth, it is probably best to take it with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking morphine sulfate, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Morphine Withdrawal).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your morphine sulfate dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.