Back Pain Home > Kadian
Kadian is a medication that can be prescribed to treat chronic moderate to severe pain. It is a long-acting drug that is meant to be taken on a schedule, rather than as needed. The capsules, which are taken once or twice a day, contain tiny extended-release pellets that release morphine slowly and evenly throughout the day. Potential side effects of Kadian include nausea, drowsiness, and constipation.
- Pain relief
- Cough suppression
- Unusual unpleasant feelings (dysphoria) or unusual pleasant feelings (euphoria)
- Decreased breathing (slow or shallow breathing)
- Slowing of the digestive tract
- Certain changes in the circulatory system
- Release of histamine (which often causes itching)
- Physical dependence.