Ketorolac Nasal Spray Dosage
The typical recommended dosage of ketorolac nasal spray is one spray into each nostril every six to eight hours for up to five days. However, your healthcare provider will take into consideration several factors before recommending a specific dosage amount. Some of these factors include your age and weight and whether you have kidney disease.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Ketorolac Nasal SprayThe dose of ketorolac nasal spray (Sprix™) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your weight
- Whether you have kidney disease.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Ketorolac Nasal Spray Dosing for Moderate to Moderately Severe PainThe typical recommended ketorolac nasal spray dosage for treating moderate to moderately severe pain is one spray into each nostril (two sprays total) every six to eight hours. Ketorolac nasal spray should not be used more than four times in one day.
In some cases, the recommended dosage is one spray into one nostril every six to eight hours. This lower dosing is used in adults who:
- Are 65 years old or older
- Have kidney disease
- Weigh less than 110 pounds.
General Information on Using Ketorolac Nasal SpraySome considerations for people using ketorolac nasal spray include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is sprayed into the nostrils, usually every six to eight hours. It should not be used more than four times a day.
- Your healthcare provider will tell you how many sprays you need to use for each dose.
- You must activate the pump before using each ketorolac nasal spray bottle for the first time. Do this by holding the bottle away from your body, and pressing down on the flange five times.
- It is important to learn exactly how to use ketorolac nasal spray. Using a nasal spray can sometimes be difficult. Make sure to read the instruction guide that comes with your medicine, and ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Ketorolac nasal spray bottles do not contain preservatives. Therefore, it is important that you throw away each bottle within 24 hours after your first dose, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
- Do not use ketorolac nasal spray for more than five days in a row. Using this medicine for more than five days will increase your risk for serious side effects.
- You can take ketorolac nasal spray with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids while you are using ketorolac nasal spray.
- You might want to take a sip of water after using this medication to reduce your chance of getting an irritated throat.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or ketorolac nasal spray dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.