Flexeril Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Flexeril?You should not take Flexeril if you:
- Are allergic to Flexeril, cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make Flexeril. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have recently had a heart attack.
- Have congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Have an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia).
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past 14 days. MAOIs include:
Flexeril Warnings and Precautions: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which Flexeril should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before taking the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions with Flexeril were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Flexeril warnings and precautions that may apply to you.