Generic Endocet

Is there is a generic Endocet product? Endocet is actually the generic version of Percocet. In many cases, insurance companies require a pharmacist to dispense Endocet rather than Percocet, unless your healthcare provider specifically prescribes the brand-name medication. There is one exception -- there is currently no generic version of Percocet 2.5/325 mg tablets.

Generic Endocet: An Overview

Endocet® (oxycodone/APAP) is a prescription medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain; it is not appropriate for severe pain. It contains two different pain medications: oxycodone (a narcotic) and acetaminophen (Tylenol®, also known as APAP).
This medication is made by Endo Pharmaceuticals. Endocet is actually generic for Percocet®, which is also made by Endo Pharmaceuticals.

Why Did I Get Endocet Instead of Percocet?

If your healthcare provider wrote you a prescription for Percocet, a pharmacist may substitute Endocet in most states. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined that these two products are equivalent. Most insurance companies require your pharmacist to dispense a generic medication if one is available. Some insurance companies may cover a brand-name product, even if a generic is available, if your healthcare provider writes, "Do not substitute" or "Brand-name medically necessary" (or something similar) on your prescription, although this is generally not the case.
There is one exception -- Percocet 2.5/325 mg tablets, which are not available in generic form. If your healthcare provider writes a prescription for this strength of Percocet, Endocet (or any other generic form of Percocet) cannot be substituted.
8 Frequent Pain Syndromes

Endocet Pain Medication

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.