Darvon-N Warnings and Precautions
Make sure your healthcare provider is aware of any other medical problems you have, such as asthma or depression, before beginning treatment with Darvon-N. Warnings and precautions with this pain reliever also include potential drug interactions and possible side effects. Also, seek immediate medical attention if you take too much of this drug, as an overdose can be lethal in a matter of minutes.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Darvon-N® (propoxyphene napsylate) if you have:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intercranial pressure
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.