Darvon-N Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Darvon-N?You should avoid Darvon-N if you:
- Are allergic to it, to propoxyphene napsylate, or to any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is not treated.
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack.
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia).
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).
Final ThoughtsThere are a number of situations in which this drug should not be taken, as well as several safety concerns people should be aware of before starting treatment. However, it is possible that not all of the Darvon-N warnings and precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, talk with your healthcare provider about the specific issues that may apply to you.