Darvon-N Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Darvon-N?You should avoid Darvon-N if you:
- Are allergic to it, to propoxyphene napsylate, or to any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is not treated.
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack.
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia).
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).