When and How to Take Darvon-NSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Darvon-N include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth every four hours as needed for pain. Do not ever take more than six tablets in 24 hours.
- It is probably best to take Darvon-N with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication (see Darvon-N and Alcohol).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking Darvon-N, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Darvon-N Withdrawal).
Dosing InformationThe dose of Darvon-N your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Darvon-N
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Darvon-N Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Darvon-NJust like any medicine, Darvon-N may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects of Darvon-N include but are not limited to:
(Click Darvon-N Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)