General Information on Taking Darvon-NSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Darvon-N include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth every four hours as needed for pain. Do not ever take more than six tablets in 24 hours.
- It is probably best to take a dose of Darvon-N with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication (see Darvon-N and Alcohol).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dosage without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking Darvon-N, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Darvon-N Withdrawal).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Darvon-N dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.