The recommended Amrix dosage for most people with muscle spasms is 15 mg once daily. In some cases, people may need to take 30 mg once a day to help control their muscle spasms. The medication should only be used for two to three weeks at a time. For the muscle relaxant to work properly, Amrix dosing guidelines must be followed as prescribed.
The dose of Amrix® (cyclobenzaprine ER) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Amrix
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is the case with any medication, do not adjust your Amrix dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dose of Amrix for most people is 15 mg once daily. Some people may need a dosage of Amrix 30 mg once daily in order to adequately control their muscle spasms.
Some considerations for people taking Amrix include the following:
- Amrix comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take the medication any time of the day, but it is best to take it consistently at the same time each day. Taking it in the evening may help reduce daytime drowsiness.
- In general, Amrix should only be used for two to three weeks at a time.
- You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not open, crush, or chew the capsules.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Amrix dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.